These tiny 26 things I know. And that might be it.
26 years of screwing up and succeeding, caring too hard and sometimes not hard enough
* * *
1. Start each day like it’s your
last day ever birthday. Eat a cupcake if you need to. Then get to work.
2. There is nowhere you’re “supposed to be” at 26 or any other age.
3. No one defines
you me but you me.
4. Everything in life is better when its shared. Except socks and dessert.
5. If it breaks you, hurts you, or forces you to go against your principles, your morals, or your family… it will *never* be worth it.
6. Make your friends family. Make your family friends. Easier (and better) this way.
7. 100% of my unhappiness is comparing myself to others.
8. I always have a choice.
9. The key to happiness, productivity, and a promotion is…
10. Forgive the ignorant people, thou know not what they’th say’th.
11. People that say “if you’re not growing you’re dying” as a realistic metaphor to life don’t know what the hell they are saying.
12. You don’t need to hike.
13. The biggest waste of time ever is… trying to be someone other than exactly who you are, and trying to convince you’re partner that you’re right.
14. Yeah, follow your heart, girl. But take your brains with you.
15. Tell no one who they should love. Instead, love them both.
16. If you’re going to diet, stay away from Pinterest.
17. My best thinking is done not at 10 am or 10 pm or some time in between, but when I’m content with who I am and where I am.
18. Make the time.
20. Reflection is the sweeter, prettier sister of regret. Give her a hug because she wants to tell you something important.
21. Figure out how to love what you have because, for today, it’s what you’ve got.
22. Don’t feel guilty about this, but you are blessed.
23. You’ll never regret what you give your heart to. You will regret compromising your morals.
24. It’s just a Facebook post.
25. Will it make a difference? If yes, do it 200%. If no, then you don’t need the last word either.
26. Everything in life can surprise you. Just let it.
* * *
Because it’s my birthday week, here’s three photos I really like.