Writing for day three of January blog a day: Bucket list.
Colin and I drove six hours last night from Seattle to Bend to visit his family for the week. Six hours in the car (minus thai food, coffee and a wife nap) and this is the bucket list we’ve come up with. The aspirational ones are probably his contribution, the weird ones are mine. But I figure if I’m making a wish list of things I want/want to do before I kick the bucket, then I can wish for a fluffy closet just for my shoes. There are no wishes off limits on this list… because that’s how we roll, even in a Scion xB through the Santiam (like Auntie Em except Santy-em, and snowier) Pass.
Update (1:03 am): Because our bucket list is not as extensive as I’d like, and because I enjoy accomplishment, I’ve added a few bullets with checks for things we’ve already kicked off the bucket. I’ve also marked whether or not the bullet point is realistic — since that is probably important.
- Vacay in Spain… realistic
- Eat too much pasta and drink too much wine in Italy… realistic
- Bread sword fight in Paris just after a visit to the local bakery on our mopeds… eh, kind of realistic
- Go to the 2016 summer Olympics in Brazil and watch some serious badminton or beach volleyball… hopefully realistic
- Ride an elephant (we once heard you can actually rent elephants in Thailand… serious)… kind of realistic
- Safari in Africa…. realistic
- Live abroad… done!
- See a movie in Gold Class… realistic!
- Wear a size 2 pants… unrealistic
- Help come up with the next Christmas Coca-Cola or Superbowl Budweiser commercial… unrealistic
- Invent the next iPhone-technology… unrealistic
- Have a walk-in closet… realistic
- Own one of those Japanese steakhouse grills… not realistic right now, but maybe when I have a pool and BBQ patio
- Ride first class on international flight…. probably not that realistic.
- Name a hurricane… unrealistic, but could be really cool
- Judge in a major contest like MasterChef, American Idol, or Miss USA… sadly, unrealistic
- Do social media for the Olympics… at this point, unrealistic
- Star in a movie as a CIA agent… unrealistic (sigh)
- Get LASIK surgery so I can open my eyes under water… realistic
- Visit the Feej… done!
- Make enough money to gift a holiday to everyone in our family…. hopefully realistic one day
- Surprise someone big time… done!
- Run a half marathon… realistic-ish if I get my act together
- Have the financial ability to say “I got the bill” whenever we want… please, be realistic one day
- See U2 in concert… (this is a Colin contribution so I can’t rate it)
- See a concert in Central Park (another Colin contribution)
- Name some twins… realistic if they are my own, or puppies
- Ghost-write for one of the Kardashians… just once… unrealistic, oh well
- Find a four-leaf clover… realistic
- Have a famous friend… undecided
- Wear more Lululemon… done!
- Live downtown… done!
- Get some sort of special Costco membership status where they treat us like George Clooney in that new Nespresso commercial… unrealistic since I don’t think it exists
- Help Colin see the democratic light… at this point, unrealistic 🙁
- Contribute to a cook book (or maybe just win one)… win one could be realistic
- Start a family… realistic, one day
- Adopt…. realistic, one day
- Read more, write more, stress less… realistic if I stop being dumb
- Meet the President, or Zac Efron… unrealistic
- Party on a yacht… unrealistic unless we get that famous friend
- Own our own yacht… now that’s an (unrealistic) idea
- Write or contribute to a book… realistic, I hope
- Live to see our great-grandchildren… realistic
- Pass on traditions to our children’s families… realistic
- Be debt free… I wish it were realistic in the next two years… student loans, we hate you
- Send our kids to college loan free… unrealistic probably
- Sky dive, maybe… undecided
- Blog every day in January 🙂 … realistic!
* * *
Follow January blog a day on your site (copy and paste into the HTML of your sidebar, widget or post):
<a href="http://www.lindseytalerico.com/tag/janblogaday"><img src="http://www.lindseytalerico.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/janbloggraphic_250.jpg" alt="" border="0" /></a>